Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Blog--like The Leader--is Arisen!

Well, my fellow Leader disciples and Star Trek: TNG fans, great news--The Leader blog is back! Times have been a little tough since we volunteered for The Leader's glorious campaign last fall (who knew going door-to-door in Wyoming could be so cold and difficult! They didn't even have a Starbucks!); I lost my part-time job at the library due to budget cuts/kickbacks (it is Philadelphia, after all!), all three of my cats passed away from feline leukemia (again, why don't we have universal healthcare for pets???) and I was in an accident (my bike was run over during a hit-and-run. No doubt a McCain supporter!) that left me with a broken femur (which made it hard to stand at the Lincoln Memorial during The Leader's Coronation Inauguration, but I did it!). To top it off, the adjustable rate on the mortgage on the ol' homestead out in Voorhees went up, so my monthly payment doubled. Woe is me!

It's not all bad, though--after all, The Leader is now our official Guider-in-Chief! The stimulus package he wrote has me hopeful that happy days will soon be here again! I was relieved to find out that The Leader didn't forget me from our summer handshake meeting--he wrote into his "Save America" stimulus bill a part that will bring my mortgage back down to where it should be, and the library says that, with the stimulus bill, the city can now hire me back to hand out contraceptives to the homeless!

As I've always said, when times are tough--look to The Leader. He will carry us back to prosperity and make us all rich! All hail The Leader!

No comments: